Palestine and Middle East Quiz
Your success in answering these questions will tell you if your opinions about the Middle East and Palestine are based on factual knowledge or misconceptions.
1. The area of Israel is:
a. Larger than that of France;
b. About the size of France;
c. Much larger than Jordan;
d. Larger than Iran;
e. Much smaller than Egypt, Iran, Jordan or France.
2. The world's Jewish population;
a. Exceeds 20% of the world population;
b. Is about the size of the world Muslim population;
c. Is larger than the population of Iran;
d. Is greater than the population of California;
e. Is much less than 1% of the world population.
3. The League of Nations Mandate for Palestine was an act of international law. It pledged to:
a. Turn Palestine into a national home for Palestinian Arabs that lived there.
b. Turn Palestine into a national home for the Jewish people.
c. Turn Palestine into an Islamic Republic
d. Turn Palestine into a secular democratic state.
e. Hold a plebiscite on the future of Palestine
4. 19th century travelers to Palestine such as Mark Twain, reported:
a. A thriving and advanced community, where Arabs and Jews lived in peace and harmony, enjoying the benefits of Ottoman rule.
b. An impoverished and depopulated arid wasteland.
c. A large and thriving Jewish community.
5. The Palestinian Arabs claim to be:
a. Descendants of the biblical Philistines;
b. Descendants of the semitic Canaanite tribes;
c, Descendants of early Christians
d. An integral part of the Arab nation, and descendants of Arab invaders.
e, all of the above.
6. The historic capital of independent Palestine was:
a. Jerusalem al Quds
d. Al Khalil
e. There was never an independent Palestinian state.
7. Which is true of land ownership laws?
a. A Christian can buy land and live in Mecca, Saudi Arabia;
b. Arabs cannot own land in Israel;
c. Sale of land to Jews is punishable by the death penalty,
8. Who said: “There is no such country [as Palestine]! ‘Palestine’ is a
term the Zionists invented! There is no Palestine in the Bible. ‘Palestine’ is
alien to us.” ?
9. Who said: “The ‘Palestinian People’ does not exist. The creation of a
Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the State
of Israel.” ?
10. The moderate FATAH was founded:
11. Because of racist Zionist apartheid policies, the infant mortality
rate among of Israeli Arabs ("Israeli Palestinians". is:
12. Dalal Moughrabi was honored as a Palestinian martyr and heroine by the
moderate Palestinian authority because she:
13. As its name suggests, the raison d’etre of the PLO (Palestine
Liberation Organization. is to liberate Palestine. Accordingly, the PLO has
fought to establish its independent state in:
14. The PLO’s purpose, as they and their supporters make clear, is to
liberate the “occupied territories” which Israel captured in the Six Day War
(5th-10th June 1967). This claim is proven by the historical fact that the PLO
15. In the 25-year period 1950-1974, the Arab countries (including Iran.
donated a total of $26,476,750 in aid to Palestinian refugees, representing
0.04% (i.e. $1 out of every $2,500. of their combined oil revenue for 1974
alone. The only country in the entire Middle East and North Africa which gave no
aid at all to Palestinian refugees was:
16. Israel has often been accused of “ethnic cleansing” of the Arabs in
the “occupied territories”. Arab population of Judea, Samaria, and Gaza
17. Israel has also been accused of “ethnic cleansing” of Arabs who are
citizens of the state, and deliberately enforcing policies designed to keep the
Arab population small. Israeli Arab population has:
18. As of 2009, there are five universities (the Islamic University of
Hebron; Bir Zeit University; Bethlehem University; Al-Najah University in
Shechem [Nablus]; and Al-Azhar in Gaza., and five religious higher education
academies, throughout the “occupied territories”. These institutes are:
19. Since the Israeli “occupation” of the West Bank and Gaza in 1967, nine
Palestinians have been sentenced to death by the courts and judicially executed,
and scores – probably hundreds – more have been executed in extra-judicial
killings. All of them, without exception, were executed:
20. In early October 2005, an estimated 650 people charged the security
fence/separation barrier, and an estimated 350 succeeded in crossing it.
Security forces responded with bayonets, shotguns, and rubber bullets, killing
between ten and fifteen people and injuring dozens more. This incident was given
minimal media attention, and has been entirely forgotten, because:
Adapted from articles by Daniel Pinner:
This version is posted at http://zionism-Israel.com/middle_east_qiuz.htm
Additions and changes copyright 2011. Please forward this quiz with the original URL and credit to the author. Feel free to adapt this material to your needs - ut give credit to the orifinal authors
External Zionism Links
This site provides resources about Zionism and Israeli history, including links to source documents. We are not responsible for the information content of these sites.
Friends and informative sites:
Zionism - Definition and Brief History - A balanced article that covers the definitions and history of Zionism as well as opposition to Zionism and criticisms by Arabs, Jewish anti-Zionists.
ZioNation - Zionism-Israel Web Log Zionism & Israel News Israel: like this, as if History of Zionism Zionism FAQ Zionism Israel Center Maps of Israel Jew Israel Advocacy Zionism and its Impact Israel Christian Zionism Site Map
Chaim Herzog Zionism is Racism Resolution